1/1 Photo of Chicken Ala King
This is basically my grandma's recipe but I lightened it up a bit by using a few low-fat ingredients. If fat and calories are not an issue for you, use the 'real' stuff. Tastes great either way! This is also good with left-over turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon butter substitute
- 3 cups roasted cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 5 ounces frozen peas, thawed (1/2 10-oz pkg)
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- 2Add all vegetables.
- 3Saute' until vegetables are barely tender.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 5Cook and stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
- 7Serve in toast cups, or puff pastry shells, or over cornbread.
- 8To Make Toast Cups:.
- 9Brush a muffin tin with melted butter. Gently press and fit slices of very fresh bread into cups. Be careful not to tear the bread. Brush the bread with melted butter. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until light brown.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Ala King
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.1 mg
- Sodium 177.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of chicken soup
low-fat cream of mushroom soup