Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Have had this recipe for years. My daughter who was a pre-teen at the time gave the chicken it's name. It's real name "Chicken Ala Sauterne". The marinate time (2hrs) isn't in the prep & cook time.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken parts (legs, thighs & breasts)
- 1 cup sauterne white wine (if you can't find use Rhine)
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (sliced)
- Marinate chicken in wine for 2 hours.
- Pour wine from chicken; add onion, parsley & butter to wine.
- Pepper (salt if you are using) chicken & sprinkle with paprika.
- Place skin down in casserole dish.
- Pour wine mixture over chicken.
- Bake 25 minutes at 450°F.
- Turn chicken; add mushrooms & bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
Wonderfulful chicken dish!!! I made it exactly as you instructed using the sauterne. I had to go out and buy it specifically but it was well worth it. The flavors blended beautifully. Thank you Dew Drops, for yet another great recipe. :-)
This is very good Chicken, I made it for dinner last evening, Used Dry Vermouth instead of Sauterine,also, used fresh mushrooms instead of canned, Sauted the mushrooms before adding to chicken. Next time I think I will add some Basil. My husband loved the sauce on his baked potato.