Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an excellent recipe from Allrecipes website and posted by Brenda Broadway. She wrote: "This dish is colorful and the ingredients prepared ahead of time. Your family and friends will love this recipe!." I also posted this recipe for CJAY in the topic thread but I think is too good to share it with all of you. Hope you enjoy it.
TEQUILA CREAM SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless and cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and saute until soft.
- Pour in chicken stock, tequila, and lime juice. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced to a paste, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure it is not sticking.
- While the sauce is cooking, place the chicken in a bowl, and pour soy sauce over it.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet, and saute the onion, red bell pepper and green bell pepper until soft. Remove vegetables, and set aside.
- Add oil to the skillet, and cook the chicken over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Pour in the sauce and heavy cream, and add the peppers. Bring to a boil, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in Romano cheese and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. Serve immediately.
- Brenda's Note: "the most time consuming part of this recipe is making the paste for the sauce (it gives an unique flavor and is worth the effort). The paste can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. Bring to room temperature before adding to the sauce. Serve with your favorite noodles (1b of dry) or with mashed potatoes (5 medium.)".
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com.
great recipe next time I am going to reduce cream to 3/4 cup this has a very wonderful flavor