pink cook's Note:
This is an excellent recipe from Allrecipes website and posted by Brenda Broadway. She wrote: "This dish is colorful and the ingredients prepared ahead of time. Your family and friends will love this recipe!." I also posted this recipe for CJAY in the topic thread but I think is too good to share it with all of you. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
TEQUILA CREAM SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless and cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and saute until soft.
- 2Pour in chicken stock, tequila, and lime juice. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced to a paste, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure it is not sticking.
- 3While the sauce is cooking, place the chicken in a bowl, and pour soy sauce over it.
- 4Melt remaining butter in a skillet, and saute the onion, red bell pepper and green bell pepper until soft. Remove vegetables, and set aside.
- 5Add oil to the skillet, and cook the chicken over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- 6Pour in the sauce and heavy cream, and add the peppers. Bring to a boil, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat, and stir in Romano cheese and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. Serve immediately.
- 8Brenda's Note: "the most time consuming part of this recipe is making the paste for the sauce (it gives an unique flavor and is worth the effort). The paste can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. Bring to room temperature before adding to the sauce. Serve with your favorite noodles (1b of dry) or with mashed potatoes (5 medium.)".
- 9ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Al Tequila - Texas Style
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.3
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 527.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: