Recipe by stephakneeluvstocook
This chicken is delicious, the skin gets crunchy, but the meat stays moist from the marinade.
- 1 whole chickens or 1 game hen
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and clean chicken. With kitchen shears, cut chicken up backbone and lay flat, press down to flatten until hear a crack. Place chicken in ziploc gallon bag. Add all other ingredients and marinade at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pat dry chicken of marinade and season outside with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium. Place chicken skin side down in coolest spot on grill, and place a foil wrapped brick on top. Leave skin side down on grill for 10 minutes watching that it doesn't flare. Flip over and cook ten minutes more. When done, carefully lift brick off using oven mits. Let chicken rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Shouldn't have to carve it, meat should tear apart with ease.
- Good with grilled veggies or baked pasta and salad.