Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Once I found this recipe in a Favorites Recipe Cookbook, it has been a meal-in-one dinner for us. Uses angel hair pasta.
- 177.44 ml milk
- 314.66 ml water
- 14.79 ml butter
- 138.34 g pasta roni angel hair pasta with herbs mix, by Rice-A-Roni
- 354.88 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 2.46 ml basil
- 118.29 ml white cheese
- In large saucepan, combine water, milk and butter. Bring just to a boil.
- Stir in pasta, contents of seasoning packet, chicken, tomatoes, onions and basil. Return to a boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Boil, uncovered, stirring frequently 6 to 8 minutes. Sauce will be thin, but will thicken upon standing.
- Sprinkle white cheese on top of each serving.
Great and quick meal that fits an after work dinner schedule. Made as directed for the Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap. Thanks, Seasoned Cook!
Delish! This was perfect for a quick meal after a grueling day. I used a family size (7.2 oz) box of Pasta Roni, so I increased the other ingredients to serve 4 of us. I loved the freshness and ease in this comforting dish. I added some fresh parmesan and mozzarella to the top. We'll enjoy this again as I'm sure the grueling days will continue! Thanks SC!