Recipe by katii
Adobo is a tangy soup with a blend of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic. This version has the nice addition of bok choy.
Top Review by Elmotoo
This is fantastic! The rice takes some time to cook so plan ahead. or use leftover rice. ;) this comes together in a snap. i poached the chicken in the chicken broth & carried on. dd & i enjoyed this for lunch last week while she was re-habbing her legs under ice. thank you! made for Greens Tag in the Diabetic Forum.
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked brown rice, pre-cooked in chicken broth (about a cup when cooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Saute the yellow onion in a tablespoon of the broth until tender over medium heat.
- Add the remaining broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, chicken, and cooked rice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy, then simmer until tender (about 2 minutes).
- Discard bay leaf, then stir in the green onion (reserving a little for garnish).