Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adobo is a tangy soup with a blend of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic. This version has the nice addition of bok choy.
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked brown rice, pre-cooked in chicken broth (about a cup when cooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Saute the yellow onion in a tablespoon of the broth until tender over medium heat.
- Add the remaining broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, chicken, and cooked rice.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy, then simmer until tender (about 2 minutes).
- Discard bay leaf, then stir in the green onion (reserving a little for garnish).
This is fantastic! The rice takes some time to cook so plan ahead. or use leftover rice. ;) this comes together in a snap. i poached the chicken in the chicken broth & carried on. dd & i enjoyed this for lunch last week while she was re-habbing her legs under ice. thank you! made for Greens Tag in the Diabetic Forum.