Adobo is a tangy soup with a blend of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic. This version has the nice addition of bok choy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup uncooked brown rice, pre-cooked in chicken broth (about a cup when cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- 2Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Saute the yellow onion in a tablespoon of the broth until tender over medium heat.
- 4Add the remaining broth and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the soy sauce mixture, chicken, and cooked rice.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 7Add bok choy, then simmer until tender (about 2 minutes).
- 8Discard bay leaf, then stir in the green onion (reserving a little for garnish).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Adobo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1964.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 37.8 g