1/4 Photos of Chicken Adobo - Lower Fat and Sodium
This recipe uses bone-in skinless chicken breasts and less fat and soy sauce than usual. Lemon juice instead of vinegar gives it a different flavour, although use vinegar if that's what you like. You can substitute a whole chicken, cut up and with skin removed. Serve with steamed rice and vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- 3Remove onion from skillet and set aside.
- 4Add chicken, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, water, pepper and bay leaf to the skillet and stir to combine.
- 5Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low; Cook covered for 25-30 minutes.
- 6Add browned onion to the chicken and stir.
- 7Cook, uncovered, an additional 5-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Adobo - Lower Fat and Sodium
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 658.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 56.0 g