1/5 Photos of Chicken Adobo in Coconut Milk
2 hrs 55 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
This is another recipe from "The Philippine Cookbook". I made this recently for my husbands Filipino birthday dinner. I used cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts. I just cooked it in the pot until the sauce was reduced. I didn't bother with the broiler. I also used white vinegar as I don't care for apple cider vinegar. It was great! I might try it in the crockpot next time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens, cut into serving pieces
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- salt or patis
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and marinate for two hours (traditional method is at room temperature, I put in the refrigerator).
- 2Boil mixture on stovetop until chicken is tender.
- 3Preheat Broiler.
- 4Remove chicken from sauce and broil until browned.
- 5Reduce sauce to half over medium heat.
- 6Pour over chicken.
- 7Serve hot with sticky rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Adobo in Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 852.2
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 2199.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 43.3 g