Recipe by Julesong
Adobo with a little twist.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
I love adobo and this Hawaiian twist is a great version. My DH's family is from Maui but they're filipino, so it seemed right to blend these flavors. I actually used chicken tenders (easier, no bones). I put a bit more vinegar, about 1/2 C soy sauce, and I added whole peppercorns (we ALWAYS do that with our adobo) as well as cracked peppercorns. I didn't use any water (didn't see where to). My whole family loved this dish, so thanks for posting the recipe!
- 1 small chicken, cut up
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained and reserve syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon browned garlic, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed peppercorn
- reserved pineapple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken meat for 1 hour.
- In a medium pot, simmer meat in marinade for about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook chicken until golden brown.
- Return to marinade and simmer until chicken is tender.
- Add pineapple tidbits.
- Top with browned garlic.