Recipe by Boots67
This is a traditional Filipino dish but I make it a little sweeter, and add spice, such as chili powder.
- 8 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 dash chili powder (indian spice --do not use mexican chili powder or it will not taste good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil (medium heat) and when it is hot enough, put in the garlic, sautee until golden.
- Add the chicken until it's browned.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, bay leaf, pepper.
- Add chili powder.
- Keep simmering for about 45 min to an hour, until chicken is tender.
- There should be enough sauce.
- Don't forget to keep turning the chicken every 10 min.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Serve with white rice.
- Pour the sauce on top.