Recipe by PinayStunna
This is my grandmother's recipe from the Philippines. I used to ask my mom to make it all the time, when I learned how, I made it all the time! Its very simple too!
Top Review by Baby Kato
Awesome dish, my filapina friend, made this dish for me, I loved it so much that she made it again the next day, so that I could see how she did it. I'm so lucky. This recipe is the closest one to her's that I could find on the site. I do add a little more brown sugar for a slightly sweeter version. I make this often, sometimes I use the whole chicken cutup, its also good with legs, wings and thighs, I have also made it using pork tenderloin. Awesome recipe, so quick and easy to make. The longer you let the sauce sit, the thicker it gets. The sweet, soya, vinegar and garlic sauce is out of this world, all the flavors blend beautifully together to create a memorable treat. This is perfect served over steamed jasmine rice with sliced tomatoes and green onions. Thanks so much for sharing a recipe, that has gone into my keeper box.
- 10 whole chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground peppercorn
- steamed white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- You can seperate the wings from the drummettes if you prefer.
- Rinse Chicken wings.
- Boil Chicken wings on Med-High in a pot of water just enough to cover them (add more water if needed). Stir occasionally. Remember to spoon out the fat that rises to the top (Optional). Boil until fully cooked (about 20 mins).
- Add all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, lower heat and let simmer for about 10-15 mins.
- Serve with white rice.