Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Filipino chicken dish.
- 750 g chicken, chopped into pieces
- 2 limes, juice of, squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, pounded finely
- 100 ml light soy sauce
- 70 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges and boiled
- Mix lime, garlic, soy sauce and vinegar to form marinade. Marinate chicken in mix overnight.
- Place marinated chicken and sauce, sugar, pepper and water in pan. Cook over gentle heat for about 25 min or until chicken is cooked.
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry bay leaves until fragrant. Return chicken to work and stir fry briskly. Add potatoes and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This had a very nice flavor - tangy, sweet and sour. It was very enjoyable. We liked the sauce so much that we ended up drizzling a little over the bok choy I had prepared to serve with this. Delicious! I skipped the oil and just added everything into the chicken and sauce pan and it worked out nicely. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 09