Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A portuguese recipe that fills your home with a unique and cleansing aroma. Can be used with chicken or country style ribs.
- 2 lbs chicken, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Saute the garlic and the onions in a large sauce pan in the olive oil until they are light brown, adding chicken and stirring frequently.
- When all chicken is added and begins to lighten, add the liquid ingredients.
- The chicken should be completely covered by the liquid.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
My beloved filipino mother in law made this with rice vinegar and wine. She also added brown sugar to balance out the acidity.
This was nice, but not great. My wife thought it was a little too salty, so you might want to cut back on the soy sauce.
this is by far the worse chicken adobo recipe I have ever tasted.... Do not try..... it is obviously not authentic recipe.... dont waste your time trying this like I did....