Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious and easy dish!
- 3 lbs chicken thighs, cut into serving pieces
- 4 fluid ounces white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peppercorn, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a pan, cover, and marinate for one to three hours.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and allow to simmer for an additional 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and the chicken is lightly brown.
- Serve with white rice.
This is perfect! I did cut the amounts in half because there were only two dining. In all other respects I followed the recipe strictly, as to ingredients and procedures, up to and including the use of reduced sodium soy sauce. No extra salt was necessary. The chicken is delicious, and the sauce is wonderful, too. Thank you very much for this recipe. I will use it often.