Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another chicken recipe I would like to try from the Philippines.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, macerated
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Clean and cut chicken into pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a saucepan and add bay leaf, garlic, and vinegar. Let simmer until tender.
- If water is needed, add 1/2 cup hot water at a time.
- When the meat is tender, add the oil and saute until brown. Serve hot.
My mother is Filipino, and every Filipino I know uses soy sauce in their adobo. Maybe instead of salt use 1/2 cup of soy sauce?