Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another one? Yes, and this one has Annato seeds in it, which give the dish a great flavor, and deep rich color. It is easy too, what more could you ask for? From an Asian cookbook.
- Mix all ingredients except chicken, and oil.
- Add the chicken and marinate it overnight in the fridge, or at least two hours.
- Add the whole lot to a large pan and bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is soft, and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken, and bring the sauce to a boil again, and reduce it by 1/2.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large wok, and add the chicken stirring until it is brown, and crispy.
- Add the thickened sauce and serve it over rice.
I am sorry - We didn't like this at all. I am willing to try it again, but with much less vinegar.