Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The taco seasoning in this recipe seeps into the chicken base giving it an awesome flavour. Great for when friends drop over and weekend meals.
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets (4x125g)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup green capsicum (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 large avocado (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese (reduced fat, grated)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Flatten chicken breast with rolling pin.
- Place chicken on cooking tray coated with oil.
- In a small bowl combine taco seasoning and tomato paste. Spread an even amount over each chicken fillet.
- In another bowl place onion, chilli powder, capsicum, tomato and avocado and combine.
- Spread this mixture over each chicken fillet and top with cheese.
- Bake until chicken has cooked through and cheese has melted and browned (20-25 minutes).
Really great and easy chicken dish! I don't care for onions so left them out, otherwise made as specified. I covered my baking sheet with foil so cleanup was a breeze. The seasoning and veggie combo worked well together. This recipe made a nice quick weeknight meal - thanks for posting it! Made for Fall PAC 2009
Very nice chicken dish! I loved the bit of spicyness and the veggie combination was very good. Also, taking the time to flatten the chicken makes the cooking time much faster, mine only had to cook for about 18 minutes. Made for PAC spring 09.
great dish... my husband loved this... i didn't use capsicum. But I did breast so I put the oven to 300 for about 30 min.'s Great Flavor.