Recipe by KristinV
The taco seasoning in this recipe seeps into the chicken base giving it an awesome flavour. Great for when friends drop over and weekend meals.
Top Review by loof
Really great and easy chicken dish! I don't care for onions so left them out, otherwise made as specified. I covered my baking sheet with foil so cleanup was a breeze. The seasoning and veggie combo worked well together. This recipe made a nice quick weeknight meal - thanks for posting it! Made for Fall PAC 2009
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets (4x125g)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup green capsicum (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 large avocado (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese (reduced fat, grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Flatten chicken breast with rolling pin.
- Place chicken on cooking tray coated with oil.
- In a small bowl combine taco seasoning and tomato paste. Spread an even amount over each chicken fillet.
- In another bowl place onion, chilli powder, capsicum, tomato and avocado and combine.
- Spread this mixture over each chicken fillet and top with cheese.
- Bake until chicken has cooked through and cheese has melted and browned (20-25 minutes).