Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
Southern Living. My kids like this.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I use roasted chicken well seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (I use 1/4 t.)
- 10 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in chicken, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, green chiles, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon approx 1/2 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients.
- Spoon over tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 35 minutes.
This was soooooo good. Rich, creamy, and delicious. Definitely a keeper at this house. Thanks NurseDi for an incredible recipe. Will definitely make this again.
This is one of my families favorite recipes. My mom has been making this out of the southern living cookbook since I was a kid. I just wanted to chime in because this recipe is missing the 1/2 c. toasted sliced almonds in the chicken mixture that really makes this ah-mazing. If you want it spicier you can also dice a fresh jalapeno and saute with the onion in the first step. Very, very, tasty.
This is an excellent recipe enjoyed by everyone. Nurse Di, you sure have some great recipes!!