Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Southern Living. My kids like this.
Make and share this Chicken Acapulco recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I use roasted chicken well seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (I use 1/4 t.)
- 10 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in chicken, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, green chiles, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon approx 1/2 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients.
- Spoon over tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 35 minutes.