Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple, easy, and delicious!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat and even
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (Garnish)
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and sauté about 10 minutes or until cooked thru. Remove chicken; set aside.
- MAKE SAUCE: Dissolve cornstarch in orange juice. Stir in 57 Sauce and marmalade.
- Pour sauce into the skillet and heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and thickened.
- Return chicken to skillet to heat, spooning sauce over chicken. Garnish with toasted sliced almonds.
Wow, I loved this! It was very simple to prepare and the taste was delicious. I used Smuckers Low-Sugar marmalade for the yummy sauce. The sauce was great over rice as well.Thanks 2Bleu for quick and tasty meal. Made for Photo Tag.
Very good and super easy! This sauce would be wonderful brushed on chicken done on the grill.... since it's still winter here, I'll have to wait to try that later. I can also see this sauce easily used for other meats, like Nyteglori mentioned pork or even steak, etc. I used Smuckers No Sugar Added orange marmalade and it worked great! Thanks for a very easy main course chicken dish!
I made this with pork chops instead of chicken and everyone loved it.