Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love orange chicken and this is a great recipe for it. Nice orange flavor without being too overpowering. Originally from The Stenciled Strawberry from the Junior League of Albany, NY.
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Pound chicken breasts between sheets of wax paper to flatten slightly.
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder, paprika and orange peel in plastic bag.
- Shake chicken in bag to coat.
- Melt butter in skillet, brown chicken, and remove to shallow baking dish.
- Pour off all but 3 tbsp fat from browning pan.
- Add wine, juice, thyme, and marjoram to pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350º for 15 minutes.
- Top with almonds and oranges.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.