Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
An easy, delicious recipe your whole family will love. Great for phase 2 of the south beach diet.
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons no-sugar-added apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon lime rind
- 3⁄4 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Combine the apricot preserves, lime rind, lime juice, and the fresh ginger in a small bowl.
- Bring grill up to medium heat.
- Place the chicken on the grill and brush with half the marmalade mixture.
- Close the lid on the grill and cook for 6 minutes.
- Flip chicken and apply remaining marmalade, recover, and cook for an additional 6 minutes, or until done.
This is a decent recipe and very easy to make. It would be perfect for a family meal mid week. However, credit where credit's due - it's a South Beach recipe from the first book.