Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
The pre-cooking in butter sauce assures the tenderness of the chicken with a delicate flavoring of mushrooms, onion, garlic and parsley. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 broiler chicken
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb other fat, melted
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom (I like more myself)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Clean broiler and split in half.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and place the chicken in it.
- Chop parsley, onion, mushrooms and garlic; add to butter with salt and pepper.
- Cover frying pan and allow broiler to simmer for 15 minutes, turning it occasionally to absorb seasonings.
- Remove chicken from pan; dip in bread crumbs and broil until well-browned.