Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in Everyday With Rachael Ray. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting this for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup tangerine juice (juice of 6 tangerines)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil. Add the chicken and cook, turning, until browned, about 10 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add the tangerine juice to the pot, along with chicken broth, orange marmalade, white wine vinegar and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any juicesb to the pot along with grated tangerine peel and cook, turning the chicken, until the sauce is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
Fresh, intense tangerine juice sauce! Very nice, simple and different.