A wonderful skillet dish with a herb enriched sauce and mild tomato flavor. An 8 oz. can of tomato paste can be added for a more tradition red sauce taste. Try other types of pasta, such as Angle Hair. This is a very flexible recipe, adaptable to suit your taste. Try in a crock pot too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts or 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 in. to 1 1/2 in pieces
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 large onions or 3/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 6 roma tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 -12 ounces penne pasta, cooked as directed on pkg
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley
- 1In a large skillet, over high heat, brown chicken pieces in oil. Remove from skillet, reduce heat to medium, add onions, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until soft, add chopped tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes.
- 2Add chicken to mixture in skillet, stirring in olives, wine, bouillon, herbs, spices and artichokes.
- 3Bring to bubbling, reduce heat and cover with lid. Simmer until chicken is tender (about 30 minutes).
- 4Carefully stir in mushroom soup.
- 5Arrange cooked pasta in large pasta bowl, pour chicken mixture over center. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken a La Roma
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.5
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 113.6 mg
- Sodium 1017.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 45.7 g