We love tasty chicken recipes in our house! This one is colourful and tasty. It came from my European recipe collection from 1978.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 green peppers, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 red peppers, sliced thinly
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup long grain rice, washed and drained well
- 1 chicken breast, from a 3 lb chicken,deboned and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 3When the butter is hot, add the onions and cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the green peppers, the mushrooms and the garlic.
- 5You may also add the red pepper now, or save it for garnish.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- 7Stir in the rice, then add the chicken and the chicken stock.
- 8Mix well, bring to a boil then cover and place in the oven at 350 degrees F for 16 minutes.
- 9If you are using the red pepper for garnish, saute it first in butter for 1-2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken a la piemontaise
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 253.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 16.0 g