Recipe by Peg #4
A quick, easy, tasty, and modern twist on the old Chicken A La King. I found it years ago in a cookbook and tweaked the ingredients a bit.
Top Review by K-JEMS
Thank you for the recipe. I made this for dinner the other night and thought it was great. I did not have tyme and rosemary, so I used some Italian seasoning that had tyme and rosemary in it. Also I used minced garlic instead of a crushed garlic clove. I servied it over rice with some asparagus as a side. I had the left overs for lunch the next day.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbells mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 pinch pepper (generous)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken into 1" cubes. Combine butter and oil in frying pan over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and garlic. Saute until chicken is brown (about 4 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low, stirring frequently. Cook until sauce is smooth and hot.
- I usually serve this sauce and chicken over hot rice. Delicious. You can try using pasta instead also!