Recipe by Annacia
Here an easy recipe fit for a fiesta. Please note that this makes more egg wash than you'll need.
Top Review by NELady
I am reviewing this without rating it with stars because I think I used the wrong kind of chips - I used plain tortilla chips instead of nacho flavored chips, which, after re-reading the recipe, is what I think it is calling for. This was easy to put together, the salsa is tasty. I didn't care much for the chicken because I thought it was kind of tasteless (eventhough I used plenty of taco seasoning - TheDancingCook's recipe #125802 #125802, which I use frequently for taco seasoning). I think the problem was that I didn't use the right kind of chips, which would have added a lot more flavor to the recipe. I will make this again as directed and update my review. Made for Photo Tag.
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) chicken breasts
- 2 cups crushed nacho cheese flavored chips
- 1 cup egg wash (1 egg and 1/2 cup of milk whisked together)
- taco seasoning, dry mix (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes (Chopped)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the following ingredients together tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil shallots, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and sugar. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. This is best if it is made the day before and left in the refrigerator overnight.
- Season each chicken breast liberally with the taco seasoning. Dip each breast in the egg wash and then coat with the crushed nacho chips. Heat a heavy bottom pan to medium heat and sear each chicken breast on both sides until the coating is golden brown. Place the chicken in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 - 12 minutes.Serve with the above salsa recipe, sour cream, and rice.