Here an easy recipe fit for a fiesta. Please note that this makes more egg wash than you'll need.
Make and share this Chicken a La Nacho recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) chicken breasts
- 2 cups crushed nacho cheese flavored chips
- 1 cup egg wash (1 egg and 1/2 cup of milk whisked together)
- taco seasoning, dry mix (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes (Chopped)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix the following ingredients together tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil shallots, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and sugar. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. This is best if it is made the day before and left in the refrigerator overnight.
- Season each chicken breast liberally with the taco seasoning. Dip each breast in the egg wash and then coat with the crushed nacho chips. Heat a heavy bottom pan to medium heat and sear each chicken breast on both sides until the coating is golden brown. Place the chicken in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 - 12 minutes.Serve with the above salsa recipe, sour cream, and rice.