Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A la Mexicana is a term used to describe the way a dish is cooked, in a brothy sauce made of tomatoes, jalapeños and white onion, resembling the Mexican flag.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 -2 jalapeno (seeded & chopped)
- 1⁄2 white onion (chopped or diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium size skillet, add the garlic and saute for a moment. Season the chicken with salt & pepper and brown in the skillet along with the garlic.
- When the chicken is evenly browned on both sides (approximately 8 minutes), add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- When all the flavors are combined, serve with Spanish rice & warm tortillas.
This recipe comes out so juicy and delicious! You can play around with the amount of jalepenos you add to control just how spicy you would like your dish to come out. Everyone that's tasted this thought it was just FANTASTIC!
Fantastic...I added a little (6 oz) salsa to the sauce for the chicken and another 1/2 teaspon olive oil and it was simply delicious! Thanks for such a great recipe.