1/1 Photo of Chicken a La Louisianne
Miss Annie's Note:
There was a restaurant in the French Quarter, on Rue Iberville, called La Louisianne. This is one of their signature Creole chicken dishes. La Louisianne was established in 1881. Prep time does not include boiling chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken, boiled until just tender,then cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ripe olives, sliced in half
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup good dry sherry
- creole spices
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- orange slice, for garnish,if desired
- parsley, if desired (to garnish)
- 1Brown chicken pieces in hot peanut oil and 4 tablespoons butter.
- 2When browned, put cooked chicken on a platter and place into a warm 200-degree oven.
- 3Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy pan.
- 4Add the flour slowly, cook over a LOW heat, for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the beef consomme.
- 6Mix well to a creamy consistency, while stirring all the time.
- 7Add the sliced mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts, sherry, Creole spices, salt, and cayenne to taste.
- 8Cook all for a few more minutes to blend flavors.
- 9Remove the platter from the oven, and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- 10Garnish the plate with orange slices and parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken a La Louisianne
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.0
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 174.6 mg
- Sodium 618.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 37.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
marinated artichoke hearts