1 hr 15 mins
This is basically chicken pot pie without the pies. I made this recipe for the first time only a short while after I started cooking. I saw that I needed pie crusts, so I searched the pie section of the grocery store, but they only had graham cracker and chocolate crusts. I thought it was odd to put an entree in a graham cracker crust, but I trusted my mother's recipe and bought some. When I started to make it and she heard what I did, she nearly died laughing before she told me that the pie crusts I needed were in the freezer section. There wasn't time to go to the store, so I forgot the pie idea and just made some noodles instead. Live and learn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the chicken and potatoes.
- 2Saute onion and mushrooms in margarine.
- 3Stir in peas, chicken, and potato.
- 4Heat the water and dissolve bouillon cubes.
- 5Add flour mixture and chicken mixture.
- 6Pour into a pan and bake (baking time will depend on how hot your ingredients are when you put them in. Remember, everything is already cooked, so don't overcook it!) While it is baking, prepare the noodles.
- 7Serve chicken over the noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken a la King with Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 359.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 31.2 g