Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is basically chicken pot pie without the pies. I made this recipe for the first time only a short while after I started cooking. I saw that I needed pie crusts, so I searched the pie section of the grocery store, but they only had graham cracker and chocolate crusts. I thought it was odd to put an entree in a graham cracker crust, but I trusted my mother's recipe and bought some. When I started to make it and she heard what I did, she nearly died laughing before she told me that the pie crusts I needed were in the freezer section. There wasn't time to go to the store, so I forgot the pie idea and just made some noodles instead. Live and learn.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked and sliced (red potatoes also work well)
- 1 package frozen peas, defrosted
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour, moistened with water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 -3 cups water
- margarine, for sauteing
- 1 lb pasta
- Cook the chicken and potatoes.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in margarine.
- Stir in peas, chicken, and potato.
- Heat the water and dissolve bouillon cubes.
- Add flour mixture and chicken mixture.
- Pour into a pan and bake (baking time will depend on how hot your ingredients are when you put them in. Remember, everything is already cooked, so don't overcook it!) While it is baking, prepare the noodles.
- Serve chicken over the noodles.