Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 cups chicken meat, diced, blanched
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- black pepper
- Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- Add flour and cook one minute.
- Add chicken broth and cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Set over hot water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add beaten egg yolks, pimento, mushrooms, green peppers, and chicken.
- Season with sherry, salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
Thanks for a lovely recipe. I didn't use a double boiler, just a large skillet. I really like this classic, rich version (especially the sherry). Yum!