- 2 tablespoons butter (I use Fleischmann's -light margarine)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half (I use skim milk; canned)
- 1⁄2 cup water, hot
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 2 cups chicken, Cut up or 2 cups turkey
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces, drained, Cut up
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, Finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- You can use puff pastry shells or muffins.
- To Serve: Place margarine in bowl (medium). Microwave at High 30 seconds, blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in halfand half, water and instant bouillon.
- Micro Medium High until thick, 4 to 6 minutes, stirring once. Stir in chicken, mushrooms and pimientos.
- Micro at Medium High 5 to 8 minutes, stirring once. Serve over muffins or pastry shells.