Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A different take on Chicken a la king!
- 3⁄4 cup celery, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 32 ounces chicken, cut up, Cooked (4 cups)
- 1 (17 ounce) can English peas
- 8 ounces pimiento
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped (small)
- 8 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg (monosodium glutamate)
- Sauce celery & onion in butter until tender.
- Add flour & mix well.
- Add chicken broth as needed to make a thick sauce.
- Add last 6 ingredients with the salt & pepper & stir over low heat until heated through.
- This may be served over toast or party shells.
Very, very good!!! I love chicken a la king, and I love to try different recipes for it. This one is very different from the recipe I have, and let me tell ya, this one's pushing for number 1!! Followed the recipe exactly, except for adding 2 cloves of minced garlic, and I also cut the butter down to 1/4 c. Served over toast, with green beans and a green salad on the side. WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for a delicious, and very easy recipe!:) ~Manda
Great recipe. All I can say is my son does not like mushrooms, celery or rice. He eat everything on his plate and said it was delicious. Great recipe, very easy to make, I would not change a thing!
My wife craved chicken ala king and this recipe looked good. It WAS good! We'll be using this recipe again. Prep and cooking took about 45 minutes, including cooking the chicken.