Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 ounces mushrooms, sliced; drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (or marg.)
- 1⁄4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup chicken, diced, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 10 ounces patty shells, frozen;baked
- Saute green pepper and mushrooms in butter in a 10" skillet until green pepper is tender.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper; add to vegetables, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add chicken broth and half-and-half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in chicken and pimiento; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Divide filling among patty shells.
This recipe reminded me of my childhood, my mom would make this for us all of the time. We used fat free half-and-half and served over toast. Thanks for a great recipe!
I was happy to find a recipe simple enough that I had most of the ingredients already at hand. The only thing I changed is that I added a little bit of leftover onion when I sauteed the mushrooms. I left out the pimiento because there was none in the house, but it still tasted great. Thanks for the posting the recipe!
I have been making this same recipe for years and it is delicious. My family is always happy to see it on the table, even if the kids do pick out the peppers and pimiento. BTW--I can't find frozen pastry shells in my grocery store anymore, so instead of shells I serve over either toast or Grands biscuits.