Recipe by Munchkin Mama
This is very easy and tasty- pretty, too. (Despite my awful picture.) Can be served same day or frozen in larger quantities for OAMC. I also have the measurements to make this dish in larger quantities (x3, x6, or x9). If interested in these, just z-mail me and I'd be happy to supply them for you. I like to serve this with Quick Italian Green Beans.
Top Review by Rachel Castle
I served this to my family and it was well received. However, I did make a few small changes. I added 2 cloves minced garlic to the mushroom mixture, omitted the pimientos and served over baked potatoes. I like to cut the potato in half length wise, fluff it up a bit then pour on the chicken mixture. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks for posting. Rachel Castle
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 4 ounces pimientos, drained
- puff pastry shells or biscuits or rolls or toast
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, cook mushrooms and green pepper in butter until peppers are crisp-tender; Remove from heat.
- Lightly spoon flour into a measuring cup, level off, and put into skillet.
- Stir in flour and pepper. Return to low heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in bouillon granules, milk, and water. Bring to a boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken pieces and pimento. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Freeze in a quart-sized freezer bag or serve immediately over puff pastry shells, biscuits, rolls, or toast.