Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A good way to use left over chicken. And oh so Yummy.
- 8 ounces uncoked wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 cup celery
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered
- Cook noodles according to direction.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan,combine soup and milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Add the chicken,celery,pimientos.
- Drain noodles,add to chicken mixture and mix well.
- transfer to a shallow 2qt dish coated with non stick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter,sprinkle over the top.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated though and golden.
A easy casseerole. It had a nice flavor. Some of my family wanted more sauce or less noodles. Thanks Kim1. Bullwinkle