Recipe by elliebelle
This recipe came from a friend of a friend of a friend.....it's so good, the recipe is given out everytime i fix it for friends. I always eat way too much!! It's also a real kid pleaser - mine always want seconds!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby sweet peas
- 1 (6 count) packagepepperidge farm puff pastry shells
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350^- prepare puff pastry shells on cookie sheet.
- In large pan on stovetop, melt butter and saute' onions.
- (Put puff pastry shells in oven).
- Stir flour into onions.
- Slowly add chicken broth and half& half, cook until thick, stirring continually.
- Add chicken, pimentos, peas,garlic powder,salt and pepper.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until pastry shells are light golden brown.
- Remove chicken mixture from heat.
- Remove center cut hole from pastry shell- fill shell with chicken mixture and top with removed center shell.