Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a family favourite. I usually bring it to all our pot lucks.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) jarhomestyle chicken gravy
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, pieces
- Cook and stir chicken in hot butter in large skillet until lightly browned.
- Add gravy, peas, milk, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Return to full boil.
- Stir in rice and pimiento; cover.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
Somewhat bland and tasteless. Ended up throwing it out because no one would eat it.
*Made for PAC Fall 2007* This was a nice quick lunch made with items I usually have on hand. I thought it lacked a little seasoning, but that may be just my taste. DS and friends ate it right up! Thanks for sharing. Nick's mom