1/1 Photo of Chicken a La King
Candle Lover's Note:
I first made this with leftover turkey from thanksgiving. From my Quick Cooking Cookbook We really enjoyed this dish for a quick lunch - I omitted the mushrooms and added a handful of peas and carrots instead - till it looked like it had enough vegetables for our liking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake the biscuits as directed as you prepare the main dish.
- 2Saute mushrooms, onions, and celery in butter until tender.
- 3Stir in flour and salt until blended.
- 4Gradually add broth and milk bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Add chicken and pimientos. reduce heat to simmer, uncovered for 4-6 min until heated through.
- 6Serve with the hot biscuits.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken a La King
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 838.4
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 1393.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 33.3 g