Recipe by Pneuma
love the creamy taste of chicken, goes well with rice, as a topping for pasta noodles or scooped over puffed pastry cups
Top Review by Phat & Sassy
This is one of my go-to recipes when I have leftover roasted chicken. I add about a tablespoon of low sodium chicken base and leave out the salt. Leftovers never tasted so GOOD! UPDATE: Last time I made this I was out of bell pepper and pimento, so I used what I had on hand: carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms and frozen peas. It was great too; like the inside of a chicken potpie.
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms (or 1 small can champignon, drained)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups cooking cream or 2 cups non-dairy whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped into bite sized cuted
- 1 pimento pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- cook mushrooms, bell pepper with butter, salt and pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- remove from heat and stir in flour.
- return to heat, stir 1 min then add broth and cream, bringing it to a boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- add the chicken into the pan and add pimento and heat through.
- Serve warm with your favorite long pasta noodles (spaghetti,angel hair,fettuccini) or warm rice or puffed pastry shells.