Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great all in one meal
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast strips (cut into cubes)
- 2 ounces diced pimentos
- 3 cups cooked rice or 3 cups toast
- Melt butter in saucepan, add green pepper and mushrooms cook until tender.
- add flour, salt, pepper, milk and chicken broth, bring to boil stir constantly.
- when mixture thickens add chicken and pimentoes simmer 5 minutes.
- serve over rice or toast.