Recipe by celestial_star03
My mom used to make this a lot since it is quick and the ingredients were always on hand in our house, it refrigerates and reheats well and can be frozen up to 3 months.
Top Review by NoviceFreezerCook
This was a lovely and easy oamc meal. I added more paprika and found that the flavour lacked a little something for me, but I'm certainly going to make it again and tweak it to my tastes. I used half light cream and half light milk for this, to make it a little less fattening.
- 1 cup fresh slice mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 2 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion in butter until tender but not brown.
- Stir in flour, salt, paprika.
- Add in half and half or light cream and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Stir about 1 cup of thick sauce into egg yolks and return it to the saucepan.
- Cook and stir over med until bubbly, add in lemon juice.
- Add chicken and pimiento and heat through.
- Serve with noodles or rice.