Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Comforting Chicken a la King has a thick and creamy sauce that's perfect over biscuits. “I've been making this for 45 years, It's a wonderful way to create a quick lunch or dinner with leftover chicken.
- 4 individually frozen biscuits
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken and pimientos; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield:4 servings.
- My Note: I used refrigerated biscuits and added about 3/4 cup of thawed small vegs (corn, peas, beans). Sauce was nice and creamy and leftovers were great also.
- I cooked 3 chicken breast with celery and onions with seasonings and a tsp of chicken base. strained the stock and used that as my broth. Added frozen peas and carrots. The kids loved it. Have served on rice, toast, biscuits or noodles and all are recommended. very quick and versitile recipe. Might next time even switch out turkey for the chicken etc. A way to use the leftover veggies and holiday meat. This is a good, old-fashioned recipe for everyone's recipe file, in my opinion.