Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Found this in an old church cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but sounds interesting.
Make and share this Chicken a La India recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- In a skillet, heat oil and brown the chicken.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and celery to remaining oil and cook until tender.
- Blend in the flour and curry powder. Then add the next 4 ingredients.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Return chicken and turn heat to low.
- Cover and cook about 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken parts and stir in cream, heat to a boil.
- Serve sauce over chicken and rice.
I made this and used a large leg quarter as I wanted to scale down the recipe. Followed instructions completely, even though I wasn't sure about the pineapple juice and tomato juice together. And all I had in the way of chutney was some I had made for another tag game. Unfortunately, I didn't like the combination. I probably won't be making this again, but thnx for sharing, Jim. Someone else might think this is the next greatest thing. Made for our own Voracious Vagabonds for ZWT6.