Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken a la Diable roughly translates into “chicken of the devil” because of the hot seasonings – mustard and cayenne.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard and cayenne pepper.
- Brush the mustard onto the chicken, and then dip the chicken in eggs and dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in the roasting pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, turning once.
- Serve immediately.