Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This can be prepared a couple of hours before cooking. Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup herb stuffing mix or 1⁄3 cup crouton, crushed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese with chives, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package chicken gravy mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked chicken, and minced
- In a small bowl combine the crushed croutons and walnuts, set aside.
- In medium bowl combine cream cheese, 2 T butter and seasonings; mix well.
- Add chicken and mushrooms; set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles; spread with 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture.
- Roll up like crescent from wide side. Tuck in sides and place point under to seal.
- Dip rolls in the 3 T. melted butter; coat with the crumb mixture and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Prepare gravy mix and pour over the crescents. Serve immediately.
- If you prepare ahead of time, cover and refrigerate but increase cooking time to about 20-25 minutes.
I made these crescents as directed only I just omited the gravy completely. I used the croutons they add so much flavor and texture in the filling along with the walnuts! I only made 8 this time and they went in a matter of minutes, next time I will make a double batch, this is a fabulous recipe! my DH and DS loved them, thanks for this great recipe!...Kitten:)