Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
chicken in a sour cream wine sauce
- 8 -10 chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped brown onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine (no Chardonnay)
- Place chicken in oblong pan and sprinkle with garlic powder, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- In large bowl blend soups and sour cream with wire whisk.
- Add wine slowly until blended, pour over chicken and bake 50 minutes.
- Remove chicken and stir in onions and mushrooms.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 25 minutes. Serve over your favorite rice or noodles.