Prep 3 mins
Cook 9 mins
Chicken A' La Can Can is an easy and quick recipe, perfect for the busy family. I always use 98% fat-free soups. (For some reason, it will only post the 98% fat-free cream of celery soup as simply low fat.) It is from a church cookbook and the notation beside it says that it was used to serve large groups. Our family really has enjoyed it over the years. One and a half cups of cubed chicken may be substituted for the canned chicken.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces water
- 1 (6 ounce) can boneless chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Minute Rice (Use an empty soup can to measure.)
- Combine soups, water, and chicken in a stovetop pot.
- Add Minute Rice, right from the box.
- Stir to mix.
- Bring quickly to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 7 minutes.
This was great. It's a SOUP! I didn't realize that...not sure why. It's a pretty thick soup and Oh, so easy. I would add broccoli next time and maybe carrots. It was tasty. Thanks