Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from Weight Watchers magazine. This recipe is shown served over white plain rice.
- 1 large orange, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 ounces frozen unsweetened orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning, blend
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 tablespoons extra spicy Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix frozen orange juice with water, set aside.
- Over medium heat, combine butter and Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning blend.
- In a skillet, cook chicken breasts, for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned. Sprinkle each breast with 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash extra spicy seasoning blend and top each with an orange slice. Lower heat, pour half of orange juice mixture into skillet, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken. Whisk cornstarch into remaining juice mixture; add to pan, cook over low heat 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- To serve, pour sauce over chicken and garnish with orange slices.
I've been making this recipe since 2002. It's a fun recipe from Mrs. Dash and EZ for sure. EZ to put together and versatile; crock-pot, bake grill or skillet. I use boneless, skinless breast halves vs bone-in....creepy. Enjoy!