Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from Weight Watchers magazine. This recipe is shown served over white plain rice.
Top Review by Tallie in Pacific NW
I've been making this recipe since 2002. It's a fun recipe from Mrs. Dash and EZ for sure. EZ to put together and versatile; crock-pot, bake grill or skillet. I use boneless, skinless breast halves vs bone-in....creepy. Enjoy!
- 1 large orange, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 ounces frozen unsweetened orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning, blend
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 tablespoons extra spicy Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix frozen orange juice with water, set aside.
- Over medium heat, combine butter and Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning blend.
- In a skillet, cook chicken breasts, for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned. Sprinkle each breast with 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash extra spicy seasoning blend and top each with an orange slice. Lower heat, pour half of orange juice mixture into skillet, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken. Whisk cornstarch into remaining juice mixture; add to pan, cook over low heat 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- To serve, pour sauce over chicken and garnish with orange slices.